Get your free COVID mask from any library branch in Whitman County now! Call your local library to arrange a curbside pickup. The masks are provided by Washington State Emergency Management and distributed by The Council on Aging.
Phase 3 reopening of Governor Jay Inslee’s Safe Start Program for the libraries are still pending, but Whitman County Library has received many grants and donations to assist in preparing the library when it fully reopens.
– The Innovio Foundation has donated $10,000 for additional COVID related spending and $3,400 of proper protective equipment for library staff.
– Judge Gary Libey and his wife Trudy funded 13 video monitors so libraries countywide could have meetings and training via Zoom.
– United Way of Whitman County granted $400 toward COVID related needs.
– Palouse/Inland NW Open Source donated 100 masks.
– Schweitzer Engineering funded stem packets for youth countywide and The Mcgregor Company donated face shields for all library staff.
Whitman County Library has purchased “Kanapy” thanks to an anonymous donor. Kanapy is a video streaming service that allows you to watch many of the library’s videos all online. The link to access Kanapy can be found below.