The Moscow Rural Volunteer Fire Department was unable to determine what caused a blaze that destroyed a piano restoration business North of town. The department issued a press release late Wednesday afternoon regarding the fire on Foothill Road.
Volunteers were called to the blaze on the evening of October 21st. The fire destroyed a roughly 3,000 square foot barn which housed Grand American Piano. Flames destroyed several vintage pianos that were being restored. The fire caused up to a million dollars in damage. The barn was being leased to the business.
The Moscow Fire Marshal investigated the cause of the blaze with the Latah County Sheriff’s Office. The marshal found that it’s possible that a kerosene heater or wood stove may have been involved. The marshal was unable to determine a cause.
The sheriff’s office initially reported the cause of the fire involved the kerosene heater.