Young Child Playing With A Lighter Started Sunday Night’s Apartment Fire In Moscow

A child playing with a lighter caused Sunday night’s apartment building fire in Moscow.

The City of Moscow Fire Marshal has determined that the blaze was started by a young child who lit a mattress on fire.  The Moscow Volunteer Fire Department is working with the family to help educate the child about fire safety.

The blaze heavily damaged an apartment in a four-unit building on North Washington Street.  No one was hurt.