The City of Moscow will flush its water system Monday through Friday.
This process helps ensure the safety of Moscow’s drinking water. Moscow’s water is drawn from an aquifer system, which is high in iron.
The Water Department performs annual flushing to minimize iron flocculation buildup in the distribution system. The system is flushed using fire hydrants and specifically designed flushing equipment.
Flushing will be performed between 10 pm to 6 am based on the following schedule:
- May 2 – Main St. west to the city limits between D St. and Taylor Ave.
- May 3 – D St. north to the city limits between Almon St. and Polk St. and Taylor Ave. south to Palouse River Dr. to include the Frontier addition
- May 4 – 6 St. north to the city limits between Polk St. and Mountain View Rd. to include the Fort Russell area
- May 5 – 6th Street south to the Troy Highway and east to Mountain View Road to include the Indian Hills Addition
- May 6 – everything east of Mountain View Rd. from the north to the south city limits
During flushing, there will be water in the roadway. Drivers are cautioned to take care when driving through these areas.